The untitled sequel to Venom: Let There Be Carnage is an upcoming American superhero film produced by Columbia Pictures and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is part of Sony’s Spider-Man Universe and serves as a sequel to Venom (2018) and Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021). Kelly Marcel, in her directorial debut, writes and directs the film, co-writing with Tom Hardy, who returns as Eddie Brock and Venom.
Development began in December 2021 after the release of the second film, with Tom Hardy confirming his involvement in August 2018. By June 2022, Marcel and Hardy were working on the script and Marcel was due to direct in October. Filming began in late June 2023 in Spain, but was paused due to the 2023 SAG-AFTRA strike. More filming is expected in London.
The film is scheduled to be released in the United States on July 12, 2024 and promises another exciting adventure with the iconic Marvel character, Venom.
The movie “Untitled Venom Sequel”, directed and written by Kelly Marcel, is a highly anticipated production. It is based on Marvel Comics and has a cast led by Tom Hardy. The script is written by Kelly Marcel, and Tom Hardy also contributes to the story. The film is produced by a team that includes Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Amy Pascal, Kelly Marcel, Tom Hardy and Hutch Parker.
The cinematography is by Fabián Wagner, known for his visual prowess. The film is a collaborative effort between Columbia Pictures, Arad Productions, Matt Tolmach Productions, Pascal Pictures and Hutch Parker Entertainment, highlighting the extensive resources invested in its creation. Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, the film will hit theaters on July 12, 2024 in the United States and will be presented in English.
Fans are eagerly awaiting this sequel, set to explore new dimensions of the Marvel Comics universe with Tom Hardy reprising his role as the title character.
Tom Hardy plays Eddie Brock, an investigative journalist in the film. He becomes the host of an alien symbiote, resulting in the rise of Venom, a powerful alter ego with superhuman abilities and a propensity for violence. This duality forms the core of the character’s complexity.
Additionally, the film features Juno Temple and Chiwetel Ejiofor in undisclosed roles, with Temple’s character occupying a prominent lead role. The exact nature of their roles remains a mystery, which adds an element of anticipation to the film. Featuring Hardy’s portrayal of the conflicted Eddie Brock and his symbiotic counterpart Venom, along with the intrigue surrounding the characters of Temple and Ejiofor, the film promises an intriguing mix of investigative journalism, otherworldly symbiosis and enigmatic characters. Fans and audiences can expect a cinematic experience packed with action and suspense.
Here is a condensed summary of the information provided:
- Tom Hardy signed on for three Venom movies in August 2018.
- Interest arose in developing Sony’s Spider-Man Universe (SSU) and possible crossovers with the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
- Director Andy Serkis expressed interest in directing another Venom movie.
- Plans to explore more of Venom’s history were discussed before any possible crossover with Spider-Man was discussed.
- Tom Holland and producer Amy Pascal discussed the possibility of Holland reprising his role as Spider-Man in the Venom sequels.
- Sony Pictures confirmed the development of Venom 3 in April 2022.
- Kelly Marcel was revealed to be the screenwriter, and Tom Hardy co-wrote the story.
- Marcel was going to direct the film and was expected to conclude the Venom trilogy.
- Pre-production work began in February 2023.
- Juno Temple entered negotiations for a lead role in April.
- Filming was scheduled to begin in London in June.
- Chiwetel Ejiofor joined the cast.
- Principal photography began on June 26, 2023 in Cartagena, Spain, and the Calblanque Regional Park.
- Fabian Wagner acts as director of photography.
- Filming was briefly halted due to the 2023 SAG-AFTRA strike in mid-July 2023.
- The film’s release date was initially set for July 12, 2024, with filming also expected to take place in London.
Please note that this summary provides a condensed overview of the development, pre-production, and filming of Venom 3 based on the information provided.
The film will be released in the United States on July 12, 2024, moving up from its previous release date of October 2024.
In April 2021, Sony signed deals with Netflix and Disney for the rights to their films from 2022 to 2026, covering theatrical and home media release periods.
Netflix obtained exclusive streaming rights for the initial “pay window 1,” which typically lasts 18 months. This deal covers the upcoming Venom films, starting with “Venom: Let There Be Carnage.”
Furthermore, Disney secured the “pay window 2” rights for these films. This means streaming availability on Disney+ and Hulu, as well as broadcasts on Disney’s linear television networks.